Reading Maya Angelou poems

I liked today’s assignment since it was based on Maya Angelou. We read two of her poems: Ain't That Bad? and Alone. I love reading her poems so this assignment really held my attention. My favorite poem by Maya Angelou is Phenomenal woman ,but unfortunately we didn’t read it. Analyzing these poems was really interesting because I learned a lot from them. My favorite from today was “ Ain’t That Bad?” She spoke on the black culture and brought light to areas of my culture that society talks down on. I believe everyone should real this poem because it will help change their  view on the black culture.

Comments

  1. I am a very huge fan of Maya Angelou. She is a very strong African American poet, her poems open my eyes to many things in life, and I think that is very important.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts