Chapters 4&5 of The Kite Runner

Today we were assigned to read chapters 4 and 5 of the Kite Runner. In the beginning of chapter 4, the reader learns that Ali was adopted due to his mom and dad being killed by two young men. Amir also gives the reader a description of the games him and Hassan would play in the summer. As I was reading this, I reflected back on my childhood. I had a close friend that I would always play similar games with. In this chapter ,Amir wrote his first short story. His dad didn’t show any interest in this. He actually left after Raham showed interest in reading the story. Amir felt very proud of his work until Hassan questioned a section of his story. This is when he learned what irony was. In chapter 5 , the narrator introduced us to Assef. I don’t like him already. He is very rude and a  bully. He targets Hassan mostly because of his beliefs. He believe Afghanistan isn’t for Hazaras, only Pashtuns. What I like most about this chapter is when Hassan grew enough strength to stand up to Assef even though he was very frightened. He protected not only himself, but Amir also. For Hassan’s birthday ,Baba surprised  him with a plastic surgeon to fix his lip. As I was reading this section, I questioned a saying that Amir stated. Amir said the winter that his scar healed was the same winter Hassan stopped smiling. This statement has me questioning if I should continue reading or wait.

Comments

Popular Posts